Social media has become the top way consumers search for information and Rhea Lana Riner, owner of Rhea Lana’s Consignment, knew the importance of dominating the conversation around her brand on social media. She saw that other companies, such as McDonald’s, with more than 100 franchises maintained consistent branding across all their networks and stores.
The Big Idea:
In August 2012, SI created a 60-page social media handbook geared toward the Rhea Lana’s brand. The handbook outlines best practices for Facebook, including creating content, promoting events and Facebook advertising.
Posting pictures, inspirational quotes and parental jokes helped connect with women age 25-34. We created Facebook ads to promote events and the Rhea Lana’s corporate Facebook page. SI started September with a “Share” contest in which followers shared the Facebook Pass graphic to enter a contest for a $35 Rhea Lana’s gift certificate. A “Re-pin to Win” contest on Rhea Lana’s Pinterest page and a Halloween Costume picture contest were also created. The branded Pinterest page added more ways to interact with followers. SI created more relevant content for the existing corporate blog by posting information once a week to reach key audiences and help search results.
- Through contests and Facebook ads, Rhea Lana’s saw 3,700 likes, an increase of 22%
- Rhea Lana’s Facebook Page saw a 15% increase in engagement during the campaign; the page now has
20,200 likes and 3,793 people are engaging with the page, a total increase of 21%
- Engagement increased by 8% from the Rhea Lana’s gift certificate contest that reached 5,800 people, 458
of whom interacted with the contest; 206 people shared information about the contest, 67 likes, 140
comments, 125 shares
- A Pinterest page created mid-August received 610 followers by end of October and had almost 1,000
followers as of June 2013
- The Halloween Photo Sharing Contest received 102 entries with 712 votes
- Consistent blog posting has helped search engines pull content to push Rhea Lana’s to the first page of
Google search results