SI was called in to relieve the social media company that created this small disaster and help the client generate fans who were actually interested in the company’s services, not just the weekly Facebook giveaways.
The Big Idea:
Immediately after SI took over as administrators for the company’s Facebook page, we implemented a two-week purge strategy in which we posted no content in an effort to weed out those contest-driven fans. Following this purge period, we then implemented a content and engagement strategy that highlighted the company’s expertise, customer appreciation and industry-relevant contesting.
- Facebook fan base doubled
- Facebook page was flooded with positive testimonials
- Multiple “Likes” per post were generated
- Customer engagement, still at an all-time high, generally consists of clients who have done, want to do or
are willing to do business with the company
- The loyalty of thousands of potential new customers was gained