There is a symbiotic relationship between an ad and its landing page. The two are interdependent; they complete one another. When an ad with striking imagery and convincing text leads the consumer to click through to a poorly designed or generic landing page, the likelihood of a conversion plummets.
There are six S-I-M-P-L-E elements that will ensure that the consumer has the best possible experience and that will optimize the ad and its landing page for conversions and sales.
- S-- Similar colors. The most basic element of design is color. When the ad and landing page colors don’t match, the consumer is sure to bounce.
- I-- Identical logos. The logo is essential to brand identity. Not only do the consistent logos create trust with your consumer in the moment, but they educate and imprint that icon for future business.
- M-- Matching headlines. The headline on a landing page needs to be an exact match to the headline on an ad. It cuts out any confusion and keeps the transaction on track.
- P-- Persuasive call to action. A call to action should be clear, concise and convincing, and the CTA button should immediately capture the visitor’s attention.
- L-- Link-free. The only page an ad should ever be linked to is its landing page, and the only outgoing link on a landing page should be a call to action. Period.
- E-- Evaluate and improve. Always pay attention to the successes and failures of your ads and landing pages. Take note when they work, and build on previous successes with new twists.
Don’t let your ads become part of the 97% that don’t convert. Make sure that you understand the interdependent nature of an ad and its landing page and follow these six SIMPLE tips to realize maximum return on your investments in advertising. Also, know that getting consumers to your landing page is just one piece of the puzzle. After they are finished looking at your landing page, you'll want to keep them engaged on your website. Get in touch with us at Team SI, and we will be glad to take a look at your current ads, landing pages and your website to give you some great advice. Reaching out to us is as SIMPLE as this.